A number of months ago, I wrote about the fact that I had to go for emergency surgery due to a large abscess that I developed. At that time, I was told that there was a 1 in 4 chance that I might need additional surgery to further correct the problem after 3 months. About a month ago, I went for a follow-up visit to the doctor who confirmed that I was probably one of the “1” in 4 and would most likely need the additional surgery. However, he had some hope that it might just heal on it’s own and gave it another month to find out for sure.
Since that time, we have been praying very hard that God would miraculously heal me or that the doctor would be wrong about his initial diagnosis. We have also been asking many of you to pray with us. Our main reason for this is that during the first month or so after the last surgery I was very limited in what I could do including being unable to drive. This was a bit of a problem since I was required to go into the homecare center every day to get bandages and packing replaced. Carolanne had to drive me there every day for almost a month. If I have to go for this next surgery, I may need to go through that again, the difference being that we will have a brand new baby added to the mix. Carolanne is due to have the baby on Oct. 8.
Today we went to the doctor’s again for the second check and final diagnosis. It would seem that in spite of our prayer, faith and hope, God has other plans for me and I am not healing as I should be. The doctor has confirmed that we will need to schedule a second surgery, resulting in another 2-3 months of recovery.
Suffice to say, we’re both quite devastated. We had been praying so hard that God would heal me and that we wouldn’t have to go through this again with a new baby, but it would seem that He has not chosen to answer. We’re not sure what the future weeks will hold but we would appreciate if you would continue to remember to pray for us.