This is just a quick update to let you know the results of the surgery I recently underwent. As far as I have been informed, the surgery did go well, though apparently the Dr. had to perform an alternate surgery due to the fact that the problems were too deep to be resolved by his original plan.
I had been told before the surgery that there was a 1 in 10 chance that he would not be able to perform the surgery due to this sort of a problem and that if this was the case, they would have to postpone again, while sending me for an additional battery of tests. They would also have to order in a very expensive special part that isn’t usually kept at the hospital.
When I woke up from the anisthetic, I was informed that they weren’t able to do the first surgery after all, but one of those special parts just “happened” to be sitting in the O.R. and they were able to use it to complete the alternate surgery without additional complications.
Hopefully the issue will now be full resolved and I will be able to resume normal life soon. For the moment though I’m stuck at home with very limited mobility until more fully healed.
Please pray for extra strength and patience for Carolanne during this time as she is having to manage two little kids (and one big kid) with very limited help from me. Thank you for your ongoing prayer and support for us during this time.